Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another violent jaywalker off the street...
(09-17-2015, 06:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You would be stupid.  

What if you happen to fit the description of a dangerous felon the police are looking for?

What if the officer is trying to stop you from walking into a dangerous situation that you do not know about?

You are not allowed to judge what an officer does because you may not have all the information.  If an officer does violate your rights then you have to fight it in court, not on the streets.

In this case I assume that the officer was going to write a citation, and a person is not allowed to avoid a citation by just walking away from an officer.

And, finally, have you ever known of anyone who did something wrong, but in his head it was not wrong?  Should those people be allowed to decide what an officer can and cannot do?

(09-17-2015, 07:37 PM)crispy Wrote: And that seems to be one of the biggest problems we are seeing and cops are facing nowadays.  No one thinks they did anything wrong and don't think they need to listen to the cops.  Being defiant and antagonizing the cops can only end up bad for you. Just listen and cooperate, you're more likely to get out of the small petty shit with a warning.  

Sorry.  Just because the officer tells me to do something he can't simply grab my arm...or anything else.

And, again, even as a law abiding citizen who is always respectful when talking to the police if one wanted to physically do something to me and I had done nothing I would pull my arm away.  Period.

If my reaction to his action constitutes "resisting arrest" (when there isn't even any indication what someone is being "arrested" for) then we have big problems.

Badge, gun, no badge, you can't be okay with officer grabbing citizens (and who knows why) and if the citizen reacts he's facing a charge.

Tell me I'm under arrest...I won't physically try to avoid being touched.  Just come up to me and tell me something and try to lay hands on me?  Completely different. Being a police officer doesn't give the freedom to do whatever you want and THEN claim they were resisting in my book.

And that is not "I didn't do nuthin'"...that's human nature.   
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another violent jaywalker off the street... - GMDino - 09-17-2015, 09:12 PM