Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another violent jaywalker off the street...
(09-17-2015, 09:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I agree.  I a well aware of the problem of abuse of power by police.  But you can not fight them in the street.  You have to do it in court.

If you live long enough.  Smirk

(09-17-2015, 09:28 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: You are correct.
I made the assumption that he was being placed under arrest, when I had nothing to verify it as such.
Being told you are makes a lot of difference.
It is still dumb to make anything remotely near a quick move, when dealing with police.

I still say that something happened, on the bus.
Perhaps someone on the bus intended on filing charges, called the cops, but decided to drop them due to the altercation and choosing to stay out of the limelight ?

Lots of variables to a situation I just can't see the need for what was done.  If he wanted to "resist" he had time to jump up and run after he was hit in the face...twice.

And I've been pulled over a few times.  Usually for speeding (four times to be exact) and once for a burned out headlight and once for a burned out light above the rear plate on my wife's car.  I am always calm and keep both hands on the wheel after putting the window down.  I always ask for permission to reach for the registration and proof of insurance.

I'm not stupid.  Tongue

My favorite was the last time.  My wife and I were coming back from another couple's home where we had been shooting the breeze until late int he night.  I went through a yellow light at about 1 am and the officer was sitting at the red light at the cross road.  While I was talking to the officer his partner came up the other side of the car and started shining his light in the back seat and on my wife.

I hadn't had anything to drink all night and they sent us with a warning about the plate light (which I didn't even realize the car had until then).  We laughed all the way home that they thought they got some kids out speeding around drunk and they got Ozzie and Harriet on their way home after some tea and cake!

(09-17-2015, 09:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Exactly the point. He didn't resist and there was no escalation.

Yes.  That was exactly the point. Because "escalation" would be caving his head in. Rolleyes
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another violent jaywalker off the street... - GMDino - 09-17-2015, 09:42 PM