Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump's new Sec. of Labor has some baggage...
(12-03-2018, 05:09 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Yes, I'm glad you're getting it finally, his superiors had a big role in this case.

But it was also said he should have removed himself from the case and not done as directed by his superiors.

My point is that Hillary could have requested to be withdrawn from as well, but didn't so it's still an ethical dilemma.

My point is everyone has some thing in their past that they might regret or could have handled differently.

One Case/action shouldn't define a person's entire career should it?

I still don't see the ethical dilemma for Hillary. Acting as a court appointed attorney was the ethical thing to do in her case.  She was upholding the law, not breaking it or covering dirt for superiors.  So why would she request to be withdrawn?  (Remember, I am not talking about Fox Hillary.) 

Whether one case should define an entire career depends on the case, doesn't it?  There are some mishandled cases which, if brought to light, may simply hurt a lawyer's business for two or three years. Others may bring formal censure. Still others may lead to disbarment.  All a "baggage" to some degree, but some are more "baggagey" than others.

If the public wants honest public servants, then some past behavior will be unacceptable. If some politicians want "fixers," then a shady past may be a recommendation.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump's new Sec. of Labor has some baggage... - Dill - 12-03-2018, 07:32 PM