Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ohio State Haskins will be Great NFL QB
(12-04-2018, 10:20 AM)Big Boss Wrote: When was the last time an OSU QB turned out to be a big deal in the NFL?

It feels like we went through this song and dance before with the last 4 or 5 QBs to come out of that school, and where are they now?  They either changed positions at the pro level (to varying success), or they are perennial backups.

The only one of relevance NFL-wise was Cardale Jones, and he's still sitting as a backup on his second team in three years.
However, I like Haskins more than Jones, Barrett, Miller, and Pryor when it comes to NFL-style QB.
Pryor and Miller had to be converted to WR and Barrett is sitting on New Orleans' practice squad.
I think the lack of Ohio State QB success in the NFL is also why I'd like to see Haskins play another year. I just don't trust them to make good NFL QBs. But Haskins has the best skill set of all of them to do so.

If he does enter the draft, would the Bengals possibly take him (even in the first round) with the thought of benching him for his first year to learn behind Dalton?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ohio State Haskins will be Great NFL QB - ochocincos - 12-04-2018, 11:45 AM