Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Doesn't Expect Another Year
Thank God because I think he lost his passion a few years ago, but Marvin sounds like he knows he's on his way out and even admits that he should be:

Quote:The Bengals have lost four straight games and their attendance numbers are lower than any year since 2011 as the team limps toward the finish line of a third straight year without a playoff appearance.

None of that adds up to a strong case for Marvin Lewis holding onto his job as the team’s head coach and Lewis said Monday that he hasn’t received any assurance that he’ll remain the coach through the final four games of the season.

“No, and I wouldn’t expect any or ask for any,” Lewis said, via Cincinnati.com. “The least of my worries.”

Given how many times Lewis has avoided the axe since 2003, there’s little reason to think that the Bengals are going to make an in-season coaching change. Lewis’ run looked closer to ending than ever before after last season, however, and the change could finally come once this year is officially in the books.

At least he's admitting that he has no business being a head coach and that we should have a few playoff wins by now.

I hope Mike sees this and finally cuts the cord, even though the only reason he's kept Marvin is because Marvin doesn't stir the pot too much.

We might still be able to make a run while AJ, Andy, Geno and crew are still in their prime enough to produce!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Marvin Doesn't Expect Another Year - BFritz21 - 12-05-2018, 03:43 AM