Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First pick of the draft(s) anyone?
Not that I have any faith whatsoever that the Bungles would ever draft and develop the first overall pick of any draft worth a hoot, but the first pick of the draft for the better part of the past decade has been Cleveland's super bowl and now they're on the precipice of not having the first pick unless they trade up for it (which is not beyond the realm of possibility) .
So...instead of thinking that this (by this I mean just about every season) might be our year just scrap that thinking in favor of just aiming for the first overall pick every year so that every season we'll have at least something to hang our collective hats on.. 
See where I'm going with this?  We pretty much know that we ain't gonna win a championship with Mikey & company and we pretty much know we ain't gonna win a playoff game either. The best we've been able to realistically hope for is to win a divisional championship which as we all know is the equivalent of , well..nothing in Bungleville.. 
So instead of predetermined disappointment we've been subjected to since the death of Paul Brown (actually before then I think) why not just be satisfied with celebrations of getting the first overall pick irregardless of whether those players might or might not ever be worth a bag of used toilet paper. 
Anyone remember the excitement of getting the first overall pick? I've kind of missed that few moments of  thinking, Hey! We got the best ..(whatever position)  Now despite the fact that we've never really cashed in on the first overall pick it was still more exciting than the 9th pick or 4th or whatever.  I'm all in on the idea of properly sucking instead of just kind of sucking..
We know we'll never get the last pick so we might as well aim for the first pick year after year after year and quit worrying about being disappointed come January.. What say you? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
First pick of the draft(s) anyone? - grampahol - 12-05-2018, 12:10 PM