Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First pick of the draft(s) anyone?
(12-05-2018, 04:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure it’s fair to state we didn’t address the trenches. The year before CP we drafted Levi. The year we took CP we also drafted Stienbach with our 2nd rd. The following year we signed Bobbie Williams,  In 05 we took the 3rd Center in the draft and arguably the best prospect at the position. In 06 we drafted Whit and resigned the best RT in the game.

Agree with this.

The problem has been whiffing on recent high draft pics and failing to resign the good linemen we have - something that was widely supported by many on this board.

Imagine where we'd be if we'd signed both Whit and Zeitler before their free agency year and not whiffed on both the top 2015 pics.

It doesn't take a lot to totally derail a franchise, and we managed to make two categories of colossal failures in two years.

I believe one of the perps was fired, but I have to believe the whole issue with resigning Whit and Zeit was a consensus.

But to be fair, Alexander and the Bengals drafted and developed a lot of good O Linemen.   The only problem with Steinbach was he had trouble anchoring against big dudes.   Cost us a Super Bowl I believe.   Still, he was a very good lineman on a very good line.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: First pick of the draft(s) anyone? - 3wt - 12-06-2018, 12:04 PM