Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to jettison Duke Tobin.
(12-05-2018, 03:05 PM)eoxyod Wrote: I mean he doesn't have the worst track record with 1st round picks. And he is limited in being able to do things such as sign free agents due to the rest of the front office being run by dumbasses

But just first round picks going back to 2011 which is where his influence may have been felt by the team you have:
AJ - HIT
Kirkpatrick - good enough? Not bad but not the greatest
Zeitler - HIT
Eifert - Unlucky to have the injury problems but still probably a hit from a personnel standpoint
Dennard - Miss
Ogbuehi - Loloololololol
WJ3 - HIT
Ross - At least a good player when people get their heads out of their asses and see the things he can do if we had a QB that could hit him
Price - Miss so far

That's not a terrible track record, and he's still had some hits and misses otherwise obviously. But, he cannot be blamed for Sanu, Jones, Whit, and Zeitler leaving in free agency. In fact it only puts more pressure on him to have to hit every single draft, and the draft is a huge crapshoot after the first round (And generally). Teams have really bad drafts sometimes. Getting a few good players is striking gold. That being said the 2014-15 drafts loom large and overall have hurt the team. But when there has been success outside of that it is hard to put a ton of blame on the guy. He had the right strategy in drafting 2 OTs, it just worked out terribly
Eifert - A stud even after all his injuries with the luck of the Flying Walendas
Dennard - A decent player with too many injuries and not enough continuity
Ross - a project that I think pans out - again complicated by injuries and coaching bias.
Price - A good player that needs a time and reps to pan out, but I think very much will.   Lots of good linemen took time to pan out including DeCastro and lots of first round tackles.   I think Ragnow (my pre-draft fave) has had his share of problems at guard.

Fails include  Dawson (who never really got the snaps to prove himself, but clearly was a head case in practice, Billings who apparently was never a real smart dude, is undisciplined and ends up on the ground too much (and even he is improving), Still, Hardison, Jefferson and obviously Og & Fish.  And that is not a complete list.

But they have a decent percentage of good picks.   Most of the good teams had their share of fails.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Time to jettison Duke Tobin. - impactplaya - 12-05-2018, 02:47 PM
RE: Time to jettison Duke Tobin. - eoxyod - 12-05-2018, 03:05 PM
RE: Time to jettison Duke Tobin. - J24 - 12-05-2018, 03:52 PM
RE: Time to jettison Duke Tobin. - eoxyod - 12-05-2018, 04:00 PM
RE: Time to jettison Duke Tobin. - 3wt - 12-06-2018, 12:37 PM
RE: Time to jettison Duke Tobin. - McC - 12-05-2018, 08:28 PM
RE: Time to jettison Duke Tobin. - 3wt - 12-06-2018, 12:32 PM
RE: Time to jettison Duke Tobin. - Synric - 12-05-2018, 04:00 PM
RE: Time to jettison Duke Tobin. - Au165 - 12-05-2018, 04:06 PM