Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another violent jaywalker off the street...
(09-17-2015, 09:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If you don't do what he says then he absolutely can.

You are out of touch with reality if you think that everyone who claims "I did nothing wrong" actually did nothing wrong.  Criminals have a long list of justifications for their criminal behavior.  

And sometime even innocent people are trying to go somewhere they are not allowed to without even knowing it.

We can't just let every citizen decide when he has "done something wrong".

Not what I said in the slightest in either post where I said no cop can touch me if I did nothing wrong.  I simply used the example of what *I* would do and how I'd be damned well within my rights.  

(09-17-2015, 09:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you think you have a better chance of survival by fighting the police in the street instead of cooperating?

You are quite the expert on these police shootings and killings.  How many of them occurred when the citizen was 100% cooperating with the police?  And how many people claimed they would have bveen killed by the police but survived because they fought against them?

I do not.  I did not say fight the police.  But they have no right to manhandle citizens who simply didn't comply well enough for their liking.

(09-17-2015, 09:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dammit.  I am forced to agree with bfine.

This is exactly how a person should handle the situation when he is innocent.  He doesn't get killed and he gets to go to court to get justice against the police.

Kinda hard to resist when you're jumped and cuffed before you know what's going on.  Smirk

But the video was posted to show how sometime, maybe, just possibly, officers can go a little-wee-bit overboard with their "hands on  approach" to taking in this violent criminals just standing on the street.  Rolleyes

(09-17-2015, 10:02 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Probably some punk ass that did exactly what the police said and mouthed off to the officer when he told him to get out of the street. 

Oh no!  Someone mouthed off?  Is that two hits to the face before or after trying to pin him down?  

Someone else echoes the sentiment that officers need to be held to a higher standard of self control in these situations.  They are to be trained to handle them.  Sadly some are not and we have events that look really bad for the police.

(09-17-2015, 10:05 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Have you seen video that shows that? He was only jaywalking, and the cop was a power hungry jackass that doesn't care about laws and government?

Or are you just taking the word of the story that the poor kid got knocked around by some power hungry cop for no reason?

I bet i know what the answer is. :)

All I have seen is an officer aggressively hitting someone who was not running and was doing the human nature thing of defending himself from being pinned by a baton.  What he did to justify that will come out I'm sure.  But as of now all he's been charged with is...jaywalking.  Not resisting. Not doing anything on the bus.  Not "mouthing off".

(09-17-2015, 11:09 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No, you don't.  Remember, Dino doesn't hate the cops, he just starts a thread about how much they suck every day.  

Gmdino is to law enforcement as St. Lucie is to planned parenthood.

SSF is now SSM.  Selective memory man.

I honestly don't care if you think I hate cops.  Seriously.  You're some dude (I assume) on a message board.  No more that I care that since you say you work in law enforcement and one time you said a LEO didn't do something right that means you are "fair and balanced" when it comes to the police.

This board is for discussion.  I started one based on my thought that the police need to handle their interaction with citizens better than what we have seen with the increase in videos.  Are there good ones?  Sure there are!  Lots of nice stories about police doing great things.  But that doesn't mean you ignore the bad ones and try to weed out as many as you can.  Unless you have your head in the sand.  Will there always be bad cops?  Of course there will.  Its a profession that attracts people who want to be in control of situations and do "good".  The problem will always be that officer who thinks "good" means get a minority off the street no matter what they were doing, or manhandling "criminals" because they "deserve it".

If you don't want to talk about the situations where cops go overboard, or you don't think they ever do because there is always a justification in your mind that's fine with me.  But please stop taking every time I, or someone else, makes an post showing police with potentially bad behavior so personally.  You might be a great officer (or whatever you do in the field)  but that doesn't stop the conversation.

Rock On
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another violent jaywalker off the street... - GMDino - 09-18-2015, 07:46 AM