Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Food Stamps Put Poor Kids on Path to Success
(12-06-2018, 08:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You mean like poor people using food stamps to buy $640 toilet seats, $435 for a regular hammer, or $37 for a standard nut?

Oh wait, that was the Pentagon. 

I believe the OP was talking about SNAP, nothing to do with Military, if you want to talk about the military over spending, you won't find much of an argument from me. In fact, I believe that everyone should spend 2 years in the military, graduate HS, 2 years military and get a standard amount of your college paid for after you served your time (example if you want to go to Yale, then you pay the difference between an average tuition from a state College).

But that all deserves its own thread.

Back to OP, there is fraud in the system as well, some people get on and never get off, work cash jobs don't report that income etc. There's always a way around it and people will find it. I don't beleive in cutting it just to cut it, but for those that can work, they need to be supplementing their income as well. Its not intended to be a free ride.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Food Stamps Put Poor Kids on Path to Success - Mike M (the other one) - 12-06-2018, 08:27 PM