Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For anyone wishing to defend PA, and Bengals coaching.....
(12-06-2018, 06:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No I did not miss that at all.

Bodine did not fit the system here.  That is why he struggled.

If the system was flawed then we would never have had the success that we did for so many years in pass protection.

No, Fred, the coaching staff was/is a tremendous part of the problem. Clearly stated was Bodine's issue with fundamentals, which PA could not or would not address. Sorry it doesn't fit with your narrative. If Marvin Lewis was such a great HEAD coach, he would have demanded accountability from PA. He could have agitated/fought/cajoled/demanded that Brown go another direction, when it came down to that. An endless, daily shitstorm until PA was gone. But that's not Lewis' MO, is it? He doesn't fight for anything that I can tell. He sure as hell doesn't get in anyone's face at game time - like the refs, for instance. Clap, stare, giggle, and treat anyone who points out the OBVIOUS to him as an ignorant rube.

If the team makes a sweeping, meaningful change in coaching, and the team progresses and fights the way it did early in Lewis' tenure, then you can bet I won't be howling about their record. And no - hiring a retread wouldn't count (Hue, or other former coach).

For christ sakes, dude, it took the Cowboys all of 7 games to see the truth about PA, while it took Brown (Lewis?) YEARS and YEARS.
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: For anyone wishing to defend PA, and Bengals coaching..... - SladeX - 12-06-2018, 11:04 PM