Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For anyone wishing to defend PA, and Bengals coaching.....
(12-06-2018, 06:19 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Matter of opinion, I guess.  I think the other linemen were just superior players and fundamentally sound, and Bodine needed some work on his fundamentals that weren't ironed out under Alexander.  Bodine's improvement in fundamentals kind of backs that.  

I will agree that the system was ill suited as well, but coming out low, getting your feet right, and driving defenders off the ball has nothing to do with scheme/system.

Well the rest of the NFL have solved the mysterious Marvin Lewis offense over the past coupla years. This year the puzzle was completely solved when teams stopped blitzing Andy almost altogether. Point being, during the prior 2 or 3 seasons, it’s possible that Bodine wasn’t the issue given the fact that during nearly the entire Marvin Lewis era, a few key positions have struggled mightily, C being one.

Good for Bodine. I remember praising his decision to bet on himself testing FA (if I remember, the bengals made an offer). Looks like it’s gonna pay off.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: For anyone wishing to defend PA, and Bengals coaching..... - Devils Advocate - 12-06-2018, 11:23 PM