Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Food Stamps Put Poor Kids on Path to Success
Jumping jebus on a pogo stick...

(12-07-2018, 12:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Did you say the difference is people volunteer to join the Military

Did you mention anything about if people volunteered to be in a position where Military Service is the only way to provide for themselves and their family?

Yes.  I said people volunteer for the military but don't volunteer to be poor, disabled or born with a low birthweight/premature:

(12-06-2018, 10:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: You volunteer for the military.

People don't volunteer to live below the poverty level or to have a disability that prevents them from working or having chidren who are born premature.

But other than that you nailed it.  Mellow

In direct response to your post:

(12-06-2018, 09:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There's a phrase for that. We folks try to introduce a separate argument. Wish I could remember what it is called.

As to the OP: Sure give the needy aid; however have them abide to strict guidelines. I know the Military requires it. 

Now, page two:

(12-07-2018, 12:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Now answer these questions:

Did I say folks volunteered to be in a position where SNAP is the only way to provide for themselves and their family?

Answer those simple questions and you just might see who actually has it twisted.

Well that's only one question so this should be easy... Smirk

Whereas I mentioned the military in reference to money spent you brought it up about the "requirements".  There are requirements for both.  

However I clearly stated that the difference is that the people attempting to receive assistance did not place themselves voluntarily in a position to need them.

Does that mean that some who join the military isn't joining because of a personal situation they did not choose to be in?  Of course not.  But I never said they did or didn't.  

Instead you jumped on me saying people volunteered to join while ignoring that I said people didn't volunteer to be poor.

Than you got all defensive "hated military".

NONE of which has ANYTHING to do with the alleged cost savings I was discussing in the OP and first page until you wanted to argue over the nuances of why people might join the military.

Rock On
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Food Stamps Put Poor Kids on Path to Success - GMDino - 12-07-2018, 01:06 PM