Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For anyone wishing to defend PA, and Bengals coaching.....
(12-07-2018, 02:42 PM)thillan Wrote: Man, that means Ogbuehi is gonna go somewhere next and become a top 5 lineman in the NFL.

But seriously, I'm kinda disgusted at this. PA was here for decades, and it's not just lineman that I see us just waste away.

What an organization. Would be a dream for Mike to read these message boards and see how bad it's been. Clean the house, bring some new talent in, and build from the ground up.

LOL.....I don't think Vince Lombardi could get anything out of Og. LOL 

(12-07-2018, 02:42 PM)XsandOs Wrote: PA's power blocking used off man vertical sets, which requires a lot of skill. In pass situations, only the C is at the line of scrimmage. Both guards and both tackles line up at least one yard behind the line.

This puts a lot of pressure on the C, who has to snap, kick back and reset. But regardless, the OL drops back and anchor about 4 yards behind the line.

Don't know what the guy in Buffalo runs, but I bet he preaches his OL to jump their guy, with the tackles at 45. Exposes them to counter and stunts, but the LT and LG gets charged with the sacks - generally not the C.   

Good insight on Buffalo....could be right.  However, it begs the question....if your players are struggling to play in your scheme, why not change it up to fit your personnel?  Seems archaic and stubborn to me.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: For anyone wishing to defend PA, and Bengals coaching..... - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-07-2018, 02:52 PM