Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For anyone wishing to defend PA, and Bengals coaching.....
(12-07-2018, 04:14 PM)BengalChris Wrote: You have a great point. But looking at Marvin's time here, has he ever operated that way at all?

Guys like AJ Green are good in any system, but how many players at any position out there are like that?

The whole thing looks more and more like a coaching fail. Makes you wonder about other guys who have talent, but don't live up to it with this team. Maybe, and I bite my tongue for saying this, but maybe Andy Dalton is really elite and it's Marvin's failures that the playoffs have been so bad. The entire perception of Dalton would be different if the offense had produced in those 4 games like it did in the regular season. Just throwing that out there - and I know most will be shocked to hear that from me - but it's worth mentioning.

I don't think Andy is elite.  I think he is better than 0-4 in the playoffs though.  I mean, he didn't choke in college, neither did Palmer. 

You make a great point on AJ Green.  Having guys of that caliber has, I think, masked deficiencies.  Guys like him, Whit, Burfict (when he was good), Geno, Mixon, Eifert (when healthy), and to some extent....Andy, Dunlap, Pacman, etc. (plus the greats during the Palmer era) are going to produce no matter who is coaching.  They're that good.  

When the ineptitude manifests is when the pressure is the greatest and intensity and scheming are amped up to the nth degree.  It's noted in all sports that the postseason is when winning teams step up their game, and the coaching shines the most.  

For example....when Tyler Eifert goes down, why does the offense struggle so mightily?  I mean, can't anyone else on the team attack the seams?  Throwing up the middle of the field, and even deep up the middle of the field is your QBs strength.  Why can't we adapt to that?  It's mind boggling.  I understand it a little when AJ goes down....I mean, he IS elite.  I just don't understand why this staff can't always coach to the strength of its players under Marvin, and why it can't adjust quickly enough to what other coaches try to do to them.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: For anyone wishing to defend PA, and Bengals coaching..... - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-07-2018, 04:49 PM