Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For anyone wishing to defend PA, and Bengals coaching.....
(12-07-2018, 03:06 PM)Wyche Wrote: I think it showed some improvement last season when Lazor mixed it up.  This was just one of the many reasons I wanted to move on from PA for the better part of 5 years.

I also agree about the current situation and adding another piece or two.  Ideally, a top notch LT, and moving Glenn to RT would be something I would like to be able to do.  What would be your thoughts on that?

Also, great analysis on picking out these schemes, and who's using what.  You've pointed out something about what Pollack is doing that I hadn't noticed.

Given that after LT, the RG is the most important position on the line for pass blocking, I would vote for having our second best pass blocker at RG.

Yes, Pollack is trying to make things simple and be aggressive. Ideally, if you have the personnel, vertical sets are best. It can buy you an extra second and minimizes stunt damage. But if you don't have the personnel, then you get defenders in your QBs lap regularly, because you are susceptible to bull rushes - let alone batted down passes.   
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: For anyone wishing to defend PA, and Bengals coaching..... - XsandOs - 12-07-2018, 06:11 PM