Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Total Postseason Snaps with Dalton, Green, and Eifert Together
(12-07-2018, 09:15 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Yep, I’ve heard similar responses to things people choose to ignore.

Not sure what you mean, but it is still a stupid quote.

Most people fail or succeed because of their skills and/or resources, but those who succeed just because they were born with more skills or resources often refuse it admit this and instead give credit to their superior character or tenacity.  It sounds much better to claim success due to "just wanting it more than you did" instead of "I was a high school drop out who was extremely lucky that my mother had a rich boyfriend who helpd me into the business at his company."  The guy probably does have some smarts, but he still owed a lot of his success to good fortune. 

EVERY team in the NFL performs worse when their key starters are out with injury.  It is not an "excuse".  It is a fact.  Some have more depth and deal with it better, but I've seen the best teams lose games due to injuries to key players. And even teams like the Eagles last year were just a fluke.  If their coaches could overcome any obstacle then they would be better than 6-6 this year.  I've even seen studies showing that over the years the winningest teams are usually the healthiest teams.  But it is hard to just look at the numbers because Green and Eifert are the only two "elite" talents we have had on offense other than when Whit was here.  Losing one or both of them was tough on us.  

When a rich kid wrecks his Porsche his dad lends him the Benz while the 911 is in the shop.  Marvin had a few flashy toys, but when one broke he either had to ride the bus or drive his dad's 10-year-old PT Cruiser.  A J McCarron was the exception.  He was a solid back up.  Not the star some people here imagined, but pretty damn good for a #2 QB on the Bengals.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Total Postseason Snaps with Dalton, Green, and Eifert Together - fredtoast - 12-07-2018, 09:28 PM