Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For anyone wishing to defend PA, and Bengals coaching.....
(12-07-2018, 04:49 PM)Wyche Wrote: I don't think Andy is elite.  I think he is better than 0-4 in the playoffs though.  I mean, he didn't choke in college, neither did Palmer. 

You make a great point on AJ Green.  Having guys of that caliber has, I think, masked deficiencies.  Guys like him, Whit, Burfict (when he was good), Geno, Mixon, Eifert (when healthy), and to some extent....Andy, Dunlap, Pacman, etc. (plus the greats during the Palmer era) are going to produce no matter who is coaching.  They're that good.  

When the ineptitude manifests is when the pressure is the greatest and intensity and scheming are amped up to the nth degree.  It's noted in all sports that the postseason is when winning teams step up their game, and the coaching shines the most.  

For example....when Tyler Eifert goes down, why does the offense struggle so mightily?  I mean, can't anyone else on the team attack the seams?  Throwing up the middle of the field, and even deep up the middle of the field is your QBs strength.  Why can't we adapt to that?  It's mind boggling.  I understand it a little when AJ goes down....I mean, he IS elite.  I just don't understand why this staff can't always coach to the strength of its players under Marvin, and why it can't adjust quickly enough to what other coaches try to do to them.

I don't think Andy is elite either, but you certainly got my point. Actually, if Dalton were elite, he'd have elevated to that status despite Marv.

Eifert could just get open. Kroft, sometimes, but he needs something to help him get open beyond what Eifert needed.

Look at the difference between T Hill and Ross. Hill seems to get open effortlessly, while Ross seems to struggle get open. Forget the draft position, Hill is just one of those guys and Ross isn't, or at least is slow showing if he ever does.

How great would AJ Green be in a place like KC with that coaching staff?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: For anyone wishing to defend PA, and Bengals coaching..... - BengalChris - 12-07-2018, 11:58 PM