Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another violent jaywalker off the street...
(09-18-2015, 12:55 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Who knows what happened before.  Totally understand some people saying he was resisting and you have to expect a beat down or whatever.  Personally looks excessive to me, but what do I know.  

I do think police need to be better trained in conflict resolution.  Seems like in a lot of these situations you see police just going right to force, without trying to talk through a situation.  Probably going to get reamed by some here for that comment, but again, just one middle aged white guy with an opinion and occasional compassion.

Like you I'm just a middle aged white guy, and I've been pulled over many times in my life (once I could've been over the legal limit, though I wasn't drunk) and I've always been cooperative and polite.  That being said, I've had some cops that were really, really cool.  Unfortunately a lot of them not so much, many seem to be drunk on their authority.  I was in the military, and have a healthy respect for authority (plus I have no desire to go to jail), but more than once I've driven away after being pulled over thinking "what ***** prick".  I have no doubt that some go into the profession for the right reasons.  I guess it just irritates me that there people out there looking for any little mistake I make.  I'll give you an example from a friend of mine.  He was driving home after a heavy rain, the road had flooded but he couldn't see it because it was dark, until his car was stuck.  Being stranded at 1am he thought he should just call the police, which he did.  What happened is that the car got impounded and he got a DUI.  Why?  He blew a .083 after being questioned (legal limit is .08).  Dude had two beers, and he's a good size dude.  That kind of shit really irritates me.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another violent jaywalker off the street... - RICHMONDBENGAL_07 - 09-18-2015, 01:31 PM