Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another violent jaywalker off the street...
(09-18-2015, 01:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Police don't need more training because they are more stupid or corrupt than people in other fields.  Instead they need more training because of the amount of authority they are given over every citizen.

You're right, the entire population is getting dumber and dumber.  Blowback from an underfunded education system.  

(09-18-2015, 01:31 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I'll give you an example from a friend of mine.  He was driving home after a heavy rain, the road had flooded but he couldn't see it because it was dark, until his car was stuck.  Being stranded at 1am he thought he should just call the police, which he did.  What happened is that the car got impounded and he got a DUI.  Why?  He blew a .083 after being questioned (legal limit is .08).  Dude had two beers, and he's a good size dude.  That kind of shit really irritates me.

Situations like these make me wish I had followed through with a law degree.  I'd have the county clerk alert me to these cases and take them pro bono with a passion no overworked PD could possibly muster.  Plus I'd have a greater chance of yelling at Fred in real life.

(09-18-2015, 01:32 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I placed myself physically between the people and then verbally explained the ramifications of their potential actions.

Its really not that hard.  I'll bet that was good experience you utilized going forward.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Another violent jaywalker off the street... - Vas Deferens - 09-18-2015, 01:46 PM