Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Marvin is retained/Hue is hired, we should protest
(12-11-2018, 03:10 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Mike on re-signing Marvin last year:

"I think I know that the success and failure in this business isn’t always the head coach. He’s a big part of it but he’s not all of it. I think that’s true when you succeed and when you are maybe a little short of what you want to be. I have come to be a little more patient. Maybe I am not right. There are people who think that way. I’ve put my bet down. We will see how it turns out.”

What are the chances Mike thinks he was wrong? Even if he does, what are the odds that he'll admit it? 

My guess is that he'll look at the 4-1 start this year the same way he looked at the 4-3 finish last year. That start, combined with the injuries will probably be all the excuse Mike needs to keep Marvin another year. 

Man, I hope I'm wrong about that, but I don't have much confidence that any real changes are going to happen.

Yeah, it's sad that Mike Brown ended up being in charge. It's just been one wrong decision after another for the most part of his stent as the owner and GM. He occasionally gets something right, but it's rare and he usually undoes any good with a string of bad decisions that follow up any good ones. I could go on and on with example after example, but I'd just be preaching to choir and you guys already know them all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Marvin is retained/Hue is hired, we should protest - BengalChris - 12-11-2018, 04:49 PM