Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Marvin is retained/Hue is hired, we should protest
(12-11-2018, 04:39 PM)samhain Wrote: I'm not sure it happens (Hiring Hue), especially if they lose out, which at this point is fairly likely.  

There will be no need whatsoever to organize a boycott if it does.  The stadium is already looking pretty sparse and is overrun with opposing teams' fans.  If Marvin comes back or Hue is hired, even more season ticket holders will bail before the first game is even played.  

As I've said before, the ownership misplayed their hand last year.  I don't think they had any grasp of how bad bringing Marvin back would hurt attendance.  Now they do.  Maybe the family is dumb enough to make another mis-step and alienate more people willing to spend money on this team.  Maybe 2018, sadly, is not rock bottom for them, and we will have to watch PBS become a home-away-from-home game for every team that visits.  We'll see.

I'm betting that they aren't this galactically stupid.  They might not need the money because of revenue sharing, blah, blah, blah, but not filling the stadium means not selling anything.  No tickets, no merchandise, no concessions.  They are giving away money if they don't do something to spur fan re-investment.  The easiest and most cost-effective way  to do this is bringing in a new coaching regime.  It's real simple.

You get knocked in the head or something ol' buddy?  You DO remember we are talking about Mike Brown, don't you? LMAO LMAO 

Wink

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Marvin is retained/Hue is hired, we should protest - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-11-2018, 05:08 PM