Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pelosi, Schumer To Trump: "Let's Debate Border Funds in Private"
(12-12-2018, 02:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: This brings up something I was thinking about listening to the Brexit coverage this morning:

Has it always been a thing that they won't even bring it to a vote if they think it won't pass?  Maybe I just didn't pay attention before the last 8 years or so, but it seems the majority has been not holding votes unless they sure.

I'm not a Congressional history scholar by any means, but looking at the records of vetoes per president it seems things picked up post-Civil War, then have cooled off. Bush and Obama had 12 vetoes each, which was the fewest number since Harding had 6.

I think this may be one of those trends in the post-Reagan era that we see. Things just changed so much in Washington from that point on.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pelosi, Schumer To Trump: "Let's Debate Border Funds in Private" - Belsnickel - 12-12-2018, 02:22 PM