Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pelosi, Schumer To Trump: "Let's Debate Border Funds in Private"
(12-12-2018, 11:31 PM)GMDino Wrote: Just to prove that Trump is not just against "mexicans"... Mellow

Many pre-1995 arrivals, all of whom were previously protected under the 2008 agreement by both the administrations of Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama, were refugees from the Vietnam War. Some are the children of those who once allied with American and South Vietnamese forces, an attribute that renders them undesirable to the current regime in Hanoi, which imputes anti-regime beliefs to the children of those who opposed North Vietnam. This anti-Communist constituency includes minorities such as the children of the American-allied Montagnards, who are persecuted in Vietnamfor both their ethnicity and Christian religion.
“Forty-three years ago, a lot of the Southeast Asian communities and Vietnamese communities fled their countries and their homeland due to the war, which the U.S. was involved in, fleeing for their safety and the safety of their families,” said Kevin Lam, the organizing director of the Asian American Resource Workshop, an advocacy group. “The U.S. would do well to remember that.”

Yeah, but what have they done for us LATELY?   

The Montagnards fought and died alongside U.S. special forces for years, backing a losing horse to the end.

The admission of those people in the 70s and 80s was the U.S. thank you for their service and a minimal attempt, at least, to honor THEIR sacrifice of home, freedom and lives in OUR national interest. I don't often get exercised in this forum, but I have to say this was just blood boiling to read. Rant Rant

How can any U.S. military member who still puts honor and duty above profit and political advantage stand this?

I don't have any special love for ARVN/RVN immigrants; but their children are Americans now. Just so NASTY to think of sending any of these people back as part of some "clamp down" Trump show of signing orders and the Nielsen tool looking on in fear and approval.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pelosi, Schumer To Trump: "Let's Debate Border Funds in Private" - Dill - 12-13-2018, 12:53 AM