Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Guts Protections for 60 Percent of Nation's Streams, Wetlands, and Waterways
As a Land Surveyor, all that I can say is; It's about time! The EPA has been overreaching for quite some time, and the time to roll things back a bit has been past due. I'll give you a good example. You wouldn't believe the number of drainage ditches, yes, ditches dug specifically for the purpose of channeling excess rain water, that have been since deemed "protected wetlands". Farmers have lost tillable ground, because it's a natural low spot, and rain water collects there. The number of natural creases in terrain that have been labeled "blue line streams", even though they only collect water a few times per year, is disturbing. It's almost to the point that wherever a group of cows gather to piss? Now, you've got yourself a wetland..

The Soil Scientists have developed a cottage industry from overreaching EPA regulations. Yeah, that's good for Soil Scientists, as it keeps them in work. (They hate the fact that they have to pay to have their work surveyed by licensed Surveyors) However, more and more, I'm seeing Soil Scientists deliniations being argued back by State Officials. I believe in protecting natural habitat as much as anyone, but some of these designations have been real head scratchers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump Guts Protections for 60 Percent of Nation's Streams, Wetlands, and Waterways - SunsetBengal - 12-13-2018, 08:43 PM