Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pelosi, Schumer To Trump: "Let's Debate Border Funds in Private"
(12-13-2018, 08:38 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: In what world? They don't generate enough Tax money vs the Services used.
Didn't you see the Forbes article at 19B? That's just some of the medical side of it.
We haven't even touched on how much it costs pers student that shouldn't be here. ($14k per student to school them).
I believe the average is 297k kids born each year to illegal parents??
297 k X 14 k= 4.158 k x 12 (cause there's 13 1 for each year) = 54.054 B Per year. It will go up and down some, but each time a group graduates HS, another moves in at Kindergarten.
This doesn't include costs of being born that we usually eat as well. The average Cost for child birth is $10.8k
so 297k x 10.8k is another $3.21 B
Since the majority of illegal immigrants are in poverty add in things such as:
medicaid
food stamps
housing
WiC
Free Breakfast/lunches at schools
TANF
SSI
and who knows what else.
So how far off is that 113B when I'm already half there with out including benefits?
Now before you guys go we get it back once they are adults and working, wrong again.
It is very typical that people born to a social class remain with in that social class, the movement between social classes is very minimal.

You've failed to address the CATO study cited that points out the flaw in the numbers you are using.

In all seriousness, for every legitimate study (not counting ones from racist think tanks) that indicates undocumented immigrants are a burden to our economy, I could find one that indicates they are a boon. This is not a settled matter, not matter how much you care to believe and no matter how many numbers you pull out of thin air. Actual economists are not in agreement on the impact to economy, whether positive or negative, from undocumented immigration. This is why I said it could be. I don't know the answer for certain, I just know that I'm going to trust actual experts on the matter rather then white supremacists.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pelosi, Schumer To Trump: "Let's Debate Border Funds in Private" - Belsnickel - 12-13-2018, 08:56 PM