Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's time to make the move official
(12-14-2018, 02:58 PM)jj22 Wrote: So are we thinking Boling hasn't been a good LT? Or what's the cons of keeping him there and giving him an offseason to fully immerse himself into he position?

I'm thinking why waste time hoping Glenn works out or gambling on another draft pick if Boling has proven the last two seasons the offense runs better with him there?

I'm feeling like maybe the cure to the LT woes is right under our nose.

I don't know what the reasoning for not allowing Clint to continue to play LT, after he performed so well there, at the end of last season.  I know that he did play some LT at UGA.  The only reasoning that I can come up with is that they wanted to keep him in his established position, because they were already changing personnel at the other 4 spots.  While I can understand that logic, at the same time I'm thinking, if you're going to change 4 slots, then you might as well shuffle the entire deck.

Now, with the secret out that Westerman can hold his own at LG, Price finally settling in at Center, Boling is now looking like a viable option to take over the LT spot on the regular.  I don't know how much time Boling has left on his clock, as he's been getting dinged up the past couple years, they still might want to draft the LT of the future this year.  I like that lineup on the left, now to just get a good RG and RT.  I would strongly consider cutting Glenn's salary, and reinvesting that into the best free agent RT or RG that hits the market.  They're not going to get everything they need from the draft alone..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
It's time to make the move official - jj22 - 12-14-2018, 11:37 AM
RE: It's time to make the move official - SunsetBengal - 12-14-2018, 03:09 PM