Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pelosi, Schumer To Trump: "Let's Debate Border Funds in Private"
(12-14-2018, 01:38 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Yes, but if here legally?? Wouldn't they be able to make more money and not be exploited? We already have enough Uneducated/unskilled workers here in the US to cover most jobs they would do. So by them being exploited, they are actually hurting people here legally in earned income by causing the pay to be reduced for all workers in those fields.

Also they'd be paying the Gov the fees for processing the Visa's/Green Cards so they would be here legally.

So show me how much they contribute to Sales tax/Property tax (I have no idea why it's legal for them to have a home, obviously they are working illegally if they are here illegally). Payroll taxes? SSA? Fed Taxes?? How many get paid cash to avoid all of that?

If there is no consensus, then how can you prove how much they are a help vs a burden? Just because someone says so and you like that opinion so you roll with it?

Links backing up your claims. You seem to have a problem with that. You blurted out USCIS Numbers in another thread, but couldn't provide a link when I disputed  your numbers. Its pointless to have a discussion with out giving me something to read and chew on so I can look at all angles and make the best educated decision possible. And by the way, I have never once said all of them that are here need to be deported, we need to find a way to make them legal workers and go from there to a USC path. The ones with criminal records, no path. Arrest and deport. Seems fair enough right?

First, I'm not saying they do contribute more than they get. I am saying it is possible, that there are differing opinions on it.

Second, I'm not debating you here. I'm not making any claims to support with data. Your claims have already been debunked by someone else in the thread. I don't have the answers here, only saying that the answers aren't as clear as they seem to some people. Right now, I don't have the time or patience to spoon feed you information. Do the research yourself. Look for peer reviewed journals on economics and public policy (if you can access them).
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pelosi, Schumer To Trump: "Let's Debate Border Funds in Private" - Belsnickel - 12-14-2018, 09:02 PM