Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's time to make the move official
(12-15-2018, 07:09 PM)Lucidus Wrote: I like the overall concept, except that I would rather give Cordy Glenn a legitimate shot at RT. I think at this point in his career, he may very well be better suited there, assuming he is healthy of course. If another option at center could be acquired somehow, I would also like to see what Price looks like at RG. 

Hmm, what exactly about Cordy Glenn's game speaks "possibly good at RT" to you?  RT is typically for the man who has great run blocking ability, and is maybe half a step slower in pass pro that typical LTs.  In my opinion, not only is Cordy Glenn slow versus speed rushers on the Left side, but for such a huge man, his run blocking looks rather forced, as in he really would rather not have to do it.

In all fairness to the man, part of it could be from the injuries that he's never fully recovered from.  Either way, he's no where near worth the value of the contract that the Bengals absorbed.  He's the 6th highest paid LT in the entire NFL, and his PFF ratings have him near the bottom of all starting offensive Tackles.  

Unless he's willing to renegotiate his contract for significantly less money, which I highly doubt, the Bengals would be best served to cut him and use that money in the free agent market.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
It's time to make the move official - jj22 - 12-14-2018, 11:37 AM
RE: It's time to make the move official - SunsetBengal - 12-15-2018, 07:31 PM