Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Salary Cap - Bengals Cap Space
(12-15-2018, 08:49 PM)Whatever Wrote: The Bengals have actually been recently footing the bill for stadium renovations even though Hamilton County is required to pay for all renovations per the lease agreement.  For example, the new scoreboards were primarily paid for by the Bengals.

Hamilton County was in breech of contract on the Riverfront lease.  They agreed to the PBS deal because Mikey had them over a barrel because of it.  They agreed to those terms to keep the Bengals in Cincinnati.  Hamilton County did try to sue the Bengals, and it was dismissed.  You can't just decide after you signed a contract and got what you wanted out of it that you don't like those terms and it shouldn't be binding.

Hamilton County can't even get their part of the stadium leases right.  When you look into it, they've breached the PBS lease several times.  If Mikey wanted to move the team by dissolving the PBS lease due to breach of contract, he could.  I'm trying to figure out how PBS cost so much and is so outdated compared to stadiums like the Browns and Ravens that opened around the same time and cost half as much. They paid twice as much for a stadium that wasn't even considered top of the line when it opened and was outdated within a decade of opening. They overpaid up front for a worse building by a huge margin.  Hamilton County is even more incompetent than the Bengals are.  Why would you want them to run anything?

NFL rules state teams must have a majority owner.  Green Bay's situation was grandfathered in.  Mike Brown couldn't hand the Bengals over to Hamilton County even if he wanted to. It's not going to happen.  

I didn't say I want the Hamilton county politicians running the team, I said the Bengals fans who live in Hamilton county would run the team. 

The bottom line is the Hamilton county tax payers paid for the stadium, therefor they should own it and make most of the decisions.  They would choose a board of directors, who would in turn choose an executive committee that would run the team. 
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2019 Salary Cap - Bengalholic - 12-11-2018, 08:28 PM
RE: 2019 Salary Cap - Bengals Cap Space - wolverine515151 - 12-15-2018, 09:09 PM