Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Driskel should be starter next year
(12-18-2018, 12:20 AM)fredtoast Wrote: TDs should still count in the evaluation of deep passes.  It may be that a defense is willing to give up a deep pass as long as it is not a td.  Or a pass that hits a receiver in stride allowing him to score is better than one the player has to dive for and can not score.

You scream bloody murder over a QB getting an extra 30% increase in passer rating for throwing a deep td instead of a deep non-td, but you don't have any problem at all with a QB getting a 300% increase on a 16 yard completion based on subjective BS like how close a defender was or if a receiver had to move his hand 6 inches to catch it instead of 10 inches.

That is ridiculous.

Then make a perfect formula that is not biased. Every formula is going to have some flaw in it. The only thing that can be used is completion percentage on deep ball over 20 yards.

Then you still have to gauge quality of the receivers and offensive line. Iv'e gone over this in other posts. THERE IS NO PERFECT FORMULA
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread