Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pelosi, Schumer To Trump: "Let's Debate Border Funds in Private"
(12-18-2018, 03:04 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Whenever this discussion occurs, why is it in relation to undocumented immigrants that are coming here to make a better life for themselves? Why don't the people pushing for the switch to Jus Soli ever invoke the wealthy people from other countries that have children here to try to protect assets? Why not discuss how so many wealthy Saudis have had their children here so they can keep assets in the country and for the members of the royal family to be able to flee in the case of the people realizing how shitty the regime has been to them?

I'd rather have people having anchor babies here that are trying to improve their lives rather than run from their mistakes.

Quoted again because I wanted to add to my response:

Think about how often someone on these boards said "if you don't like something just move to another place" and then also attacks foreigners that do the same thing.

A man can move from PA to FL to try and find a better job, a woman can move to another state to get out of an abusive relationship and it doesn't matter if they have money or a job waiting or a plan...but if someone wants to come to this country for the same reasons we have a large swath of people saying they must be stopped because they might be criminals or the situation they are coming from might not be "bad enough" to warrant our amnesty.

Yes, I know they are not citizens.  They just want to be...and most want to contribute not steal and murder.  We should make it possible when we can.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pelosi, Schumer To Trump: "Let's Debate Border Funds in Private" - GMDino - 12-18-2018, 03:51 PM