Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pelosi, Schumer To Trump: "Let's Debate Border Funds in Private"
(12-18-2018, 03:04 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Whenever this discussion occurs, why is it in relation to undocumented immigrants that are coming here to make a better life for themselves? Why don't the people pushing for the switch to Jus Soli ever invoke the wealthy people from other countries that have children here to try to protect assets? Why not discuss how so many wealthy Saudis have had their children here so they can keep assets in the country and for the members of the royal family to be able to flee in the case of the people realizing how shitty the regime has been to them?

I'd rather have people having anchor babies here that are trying to improve their lives rather than run from their mistakes.

What does that have to do with stopping illegal immigrants? What's been done has been done. I have never once said let no one in or strip current/past anchor babies of their status. And I'm not pushing for the switch to Jus Soli, I'm pushing for the switch to Jos Sanguinis. We are already Jus Soli so you're confusing me and trying to deflect the conversation?

I'd rather have people here legally trying to improve their lives. You understand that when they come here legally they are checked for diseases and brought up to date on immunization shots correct? Those that come illegally by pass that and can put other people lives in danger, specifically other children when they go to school with USC's that don't believe it allowing their children to have those immunizations. Is that fair?

TB, while it has been trending down world wide, is still considered a disease of poor countries.
https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SH.TBS.INCD

(12-18-2018, 03:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: It's my personal belief that they have bought the fear they have been sold.

I mean how many rich Saudis are in the news for being gang members?  But as long as there are Mexican gangs we can make white people afraid.

I wasn't around then but maybe I missed reading about the big push to keep Italians from entering the US when the Mafia was at its height?  

The US love to pick a minority and claim it is the (latest) reason for all the troubles (crime, unemployment, etc).  Rather than work to solve problems we just make people afraid of the problem.  It's sad.

You mean the Emergency Quota Act of 1921 and the Immigration Act of 1924 where they significantly reduced the number of Italians allowed into the US?

(12-18-2018, 03:51 PM)GMDino Wrote: Quoted again because I wanted to add to my response:

Think about how often someone on these boards said "if you don't like something just move to another place" and then also attacks foreigners that do the same thing.

A man can move from PA to FL to try and find a better job, a woman can move to another state to get out of an abusive relationship and it doesn't matter if they have money or a job waiting or a plan...but if someone wants to come to this country for the same reasons we have a large swath of people saying they must be stopped because they might be criminals or the situation they are coming from might not be "bad enough" to warrant our amnesty.

Yes, I know they are not citizens.  They just want to be...and most want to contribute not steal and murder.  We should make it possible when we can.

Where has anyone in here ever said they don't want anyone coming to the US legally?
When you come here legally, you are vetted and checked for diseases. When you don't, well we don't know what we are getting and you're crazy if you think no bad people ever come here illegally.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pelosi, Schumer To Trump: "Let's Debate Border Funds in Private" - Mike M (the other one) - 12-18-2018, 05:46 PM