Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
It's time we moved on from Price
(11-25-2018, 10:36 PM)H bengalfan74 Wrote: I remember watching a sports science show a few years back and the focus on this one was MMA fighters, boxers, the different martial arts and so on. And it showed with MRI's, X-rays and stuff how a regular persons bones and ligaments would never be able to take the impact torque and pressure they put on theirs. Their bones actually get thicker from all the impacts and so on.

So I don't doubt in the least that the greatly reduced full contact practice is having an effect.

(11-25-2018, 10:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, exactly!  I may have seen the same, or a similar documentary on body tempering from conditioning by hard impact stress.

I saw a documentary a while back comparing the bones of gladiators to others from the same time and it too showed greater bone density and strength. Then the documentary compared the gladiator bones to modern athlete and it showed that they have the same density and strength. This was before the new CBA and I wonder if the lack of full pad/contact practice has weakened the modern football player.

The documentary also explained that there was a lot less death in the arena than is portrayed since gladiators were worshipped and very expensive like the modern athlete. 
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: It's time we moved on from Price - McC - 12-26-2018, 10:33 AM
RE: It's time we moved on from Price - Nebuchadnezzar - 12-24-2018, 12:31 AM
It's time we moved on from Price - BenZoo2 - 11-25-2018, 09:04 PM
RE: It's time we moved on from Price - McC - 12-24-2018, 05:33 PM
RE: It's time we moved on from Price - McC - 12-27-2018, 11:45 AM