Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carson: Prez shouldn't be Muslim; Muslim Congressmen might be ok...
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/ben-carson-muslim-president-213851

Quote:The president of the United States should not be a Muslim, Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson declared during an interview airing Sunday morning.

Asked whether his faith or the faith of a president should matter, Carson said, "It depends on what that faith is... If it's inconsistent with the values and principles of America, then of course it should matter. But if it fits within the realm of America and consistent with the constitution, no problem," he explained,

Todd then asked Carson, whose rise in the polls has been powered in large part by Christian conservatives, if he believed that "Islam is consistent with the Constitution." "No, I don't, I do not," he responded, adding, "I would not advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation. I absolutely would not agree with that."

But for Carson, the matter of voting for a Muslim for Congress "is a different story, but it depends on who that Muslim is and what their policies are, just as it depends on what anybody else says, you know."
"And, you know, if there's somebody who's of any faith, but they say things, and their life has been consistent with things that will elevate this nation and make it possible for everybody to succeed, and bring peace and harmony, then I'm with them," he went on to say.

Doesn't his last statement mean he would be ok with a Muslim President if "their life has been consistent with things that will elevate this nation and make it possible for everybody to succeed, and bring peace and harmony"?

Religion makes smart people say and do really stupid things...
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
Carson: Prez shouldn't be Muslim; Muslim Congressmen might be ok... - BmorePat87 - 09-20-2015, 12:18 PM