Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The bigger question..Do you want Marvin fired if it means Hue will be coach.
(12-24-2018, 07:23 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: I’d take Hue over Marvin at this point. Hue had a better than expected year with Oakland, then got shafted. His run with Cleveland was terrible, but it allowed them to build the foundation of their current team. Is Hue as bad as Cleveland’s record over his tenure? No, they were burning it down to build it back. Bringing in Dorsey was key. They were starting to win with Hue, and most of the beef with the players is that Hue landed with a rival immediately after being fired.

Promoting Hue to HC also gives the team a chance to put Marvin in a front office role that he’d likely do better in. While Hue would not be my 1st,2nd,3rd, or 5th choice for HC, at this point any change is good change.

I get what your saying but why does everyone think Marvin will just slide right in and be a good GM? He couldn't manage the team as is. Draft picks has been horrible, players don't develop, he never wants to play players no matter where they are drafted. I just don't get why we should settle for Marvin as GM. He would be my last pick at this point. No reason to keep him as GM just to get him off the sideline. I get it that everyone wants a GM and Marvin might be the closest to Mikey for this to ever happen but I don't see it working out like we hope. And after another 15 years he will retire and we will be back to no GM. Marvin is not GM material and nothing other than Mikey being comfortable with him qualifies him.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The bigger question..Do you want Marvin fired if it means Hue will be coach. - TKUHL - 12-24-2018, 07:29 PM