Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Vance Joseph emerges as next DC if fired
(12-25-2018, 01:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dolphins made the playoffs the year he was their DC.

True, and that was their best record in the last 10 years. They were 29th in yards allowed though. Terrible against the run (30th in yards and 31st in YPC). Middle of the pack against the pass. 19th in sacks. 18th in points allowed. 

The only good I can say is that were great on 3rd downs (4th in percentage) and solid in forced turnovers (11th).

Not exactly a sparkling resume. Kinda looks like Terryl Austin in Detroit. They also made the playoffs once and had a winning record 3 times in 4 years with Austin, but his defenses gave up a ton of yards while forcing turnovers. 

I'll just say I'm very "meh" on Vance as a DC (especially since it means Marv is still here) and want nothing to do with him as a HC. It's Austin all over again. Never got the hype, still don't.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vance Joseph emerges as next DC if fired - Shake n Blake - 12-25-2018, 01:23 AM