Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You want a coach that holds players accountable?
(12-26-2018, 12:30 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I've stated this earlier in other threads.

I'm not shouting on the rooftops for a Gruden hire but he's at least got balls.

Not this same passive stuff we keep hearing year after year from Merv.

Gruden would be definitely be a culture change around these parts.

But would he win here?  Can anyone, would be the real question, since it all points back to Mike Brown.

I even think Gruden HC + Hue at OC wouldn't be terrible but people like to squeal(like that Freddy ?)about how terrible it would be.

I think getting Marv away from the whole organization is the only thing that would change this passive shit culture he's implemented.

NO FRONT OFFICE FOR MARVIN !!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I can't fault Marvin for keeping a high paying job, our issue is the 3 decade lack of accountability by the FO.  Who knows who has what say between Mikey, Katie, Duke and Marvin, but Marvin is the face of the team on the field.  We can be irate at him smugly chuckling at reporters after a seemingly scheduled prime time loss, but the real issue is that players can't be expected to respect, let alone rise up and achieve.  

I'm all for a change, and this type of move by Gruden would be welcomed.  I'd love a pro bowler with the top 10 pick, but I'd rather have a coach with the authority to cut said pick if need be, or that could actually be fired for not "doing his job".  The fact that I didn't watch the game, and had to read about a stare down of our Marvin 2.0 and decision being Marvin's to make shows how apathetic I am at the team.  If we keep them we should have bring back the 90s themes at all home games with giveaways like furbys and pogs, and we should switch to flannel jerseys.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: You want a coach that holds players accountable? - phil413 - 12-26-2018, 02:28 AM