Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You want a coach that holds players accountable?
(12-26-2018, 02:28 AM)phil413 Wrote: Yeah I can't fault Marvin for keeping a high paying job, our issue is the 3 decade lack of accountability by the FO.  Who knows who has what say between Mikey, Katie, Duke and Marvin, but Marvin is the face of the team on the field.  We can be irate at him smugly chuckling at reporters after a seemingly scheduled prime time loss, but the real issue is that players can't be expected to respect, let alone rise up and achieve.  

I'm all for a change, and this type of move by Gruden would be welcomed.  I'd love a pro bowler with the top 10 pick, but I'd rather have a coach with the authority to cut said pick if need be, or that could actually be fired for not "doing his job".  The fact that I didn't watch the game, and had to read about a stare down of our Marvin 2.0 and decision being Marvin's to make shows how apathetic I am at the team.  If we keep them we should have bring back the 90s themes at all home games with giveaways like furbys and pogs, and we should switch to flannel jerseys.
I don't know if it's solely Mike Brown or Marvin is in the same mindset... but this slow reaction time to make changes without a sense of urgency is painful.

If I were a player looking at that aspect I think I'd behave just like Boomer, Dillon, Palmer(damn I can't believe I just wrote that), Johnson.

I sure as hell would think the organization didn't care about improving and winning.

Green is a saint in my opinion. 

Honestly any skill position player of worth should be getting peeved by it.

This team/ownership makes bad decisions and has the reactionary reflexes of a tree sloth.

Sorry sloth.  But hey at least you're cute and chick's dig ya.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: You want a coach that holds players accountable? - BengalsRocker - 12-26-2018, 02:43 AM