Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lapham's top 3 presents for Bengals
(12-26-2018, 05:46 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Another DT that can rush the passer more so than a run stopping DT.
teams needs to pay for doubling Geno and right they are simply not.

What good is being able to rush the passer, if you can't force the other team to be one dimensional?  If you haven't noticed, the interior of the defense has been slapped around by just about every team we've faced this season.

The problem is, and I've said this before;  You're not going to get everything this team needs through the draft alone.  As of right now, this team NEEDS 2 starting LBs, 2 starting quality OL, a legit TE, AND a NT that commands double teams. (Glassgow might help in rotation once healthy, but I'd rather not chance it), not to mention the secondary has looked shaky for 3 years in a row now.

What can you reasonably expect from a draft class, two maybe three day one starters/major contributors from day 1?  That means they are going to have to look outside the draft, and utilize free agency and trading. (I know, that is like kryptonite to Mike Brown)  But, when you legit need 6 or 7 guys to have a solid squad, that's what it takes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lapham's top 3 presents for Bengals - SunsetBengal - 12-26-2018, 07:55 PM