Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pelosi, Schumer To Trump: "Let's Debate Border Funds in Private"
(12-26-2018, 07:58 AM)Dill Wrote: Just curious--have you ever been to any "poor countries" and witnessed first-hand the "mentality" of the poor, how they "want money" and "steal from each other"?
Have you lived in a "shitty" country for any length of time, learned to speak the language? Studied its history?  If so, which one(s)?

Yes, I have. I have spent quite a bit of time in the Philippines. I met my wife there. Typically when something is stolen, it was done by a neighbor. For example, walk the neighborhood after your TV is stolen and you'll find it, cause someone will be bragging about their new TV. Confront them and they will give you the name of the person that sold it to them, follow that one and it's the same, name after name after name and the cops won't do anything cause you have no proof.

Have you ever been in a home where when the cops are chasing someone the start shooting at your roof because the guy jumped on your roof to get away?

The national language is Tagalog, however there is over 100 different dialects in the Phils, If in Cebu, use English or Cebuano, they won't generally speak back to you in Tagalog because they don't recognize is as the national language.

What would you like to know? The Spanish ruled over them for about 3-400 years (can't recall exactly the number of years), so many of the people have Spanish names, Some of their words are slight variations of Spanish, for example. Kamusta vs Como este, Kape vs Café, Guwapo vs Guapo. It is also considered a Christian Nation (Catholic), but the Southern Islands (Mindanao) is heavily populated by Muslims and usually heavily advised by the Embassy to not travel to.

Escrima is a form of stick fighting. Very fun until someone's finger gets smashed, then hurts like hell. It is a Filipino Martial Art.

Chief Lapu-Lapu and his warriors kicked and ended up killing Magellan in the 1521 at the battle of Mactan. if you play mobile games there is a Character in Mobile Legends: Bang-Bang called Lapu-Lapu (a Tribute to the Filpino's that love this game).

I love the food. One of the homes I stayed in didn't have running water. you had to pump it your self if you wanted a bath.
I've lived in Mindoro Occidental (poor area), Manila (big city, but sucks, black dust everywhere), Cebu (nice city and wife and I own and are still buying more land there), Toledo (north of Cebu, poor but at least it had running water).

Wife grew up in the Cemetary Slums of Alaya in Cebu. Not a nice place to be. One of her Uncles just got gunned down last month. Guess he owed someone money. EDIT, all he had on him was 50 pesos, which is like $1 usd and they took it.

Oh and you are frisked before you are allowed to enter a Mall, there is also Guards with Shotguns on every block (banks, fast food restaurants, etc).

but anyways? you?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pelosi, Schumer To Trump: "Let's Debate Border Funds in Private" - Mike M (the other one) - 12-26-2018, 07:56 PM