Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lapham's top 3 presents for Bengals
(12-26-2018, 09:51 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Holy crap this team hasn't picked a DT higher than the 3rd round since Dan Wilkerson!

That was Devon Still in the 2nd.  Only because we had a couple extra picks from the Palmer trade in other rounds.

I know that talent can be had in lower rounds.  It just seems like a real long time.  1994.

Both of the DTs we took that year turned out to be disappointments.  Unless you get lucky in a mid round pick like Geno, or have time to invest in developmental years like with Billings and Glassgow, DT is one of those positions where you need to draft from the top of the class.  They tried to go low-rent on a vet DT in FA last year (Chris Baker) but he really didn't pan out.   So, unless they plan on dealing for a 2nd 1st round pick, I'd say a significant upgrade at DT is not going to happen.

The reason that I say all that, is because if the LB or OT that we need isn't there with our pick, DT might be a smart way to go at the top of the draft.  The free agent LB class has several top notch players that will be looking for their second or third contracts.  

If they are comfortable riding with Cordy Glenn for another year, and the LT of the future just isn't there when they pick, there are plenty of plug and play guys to be found in rounds 2 and 3, that would fit right in at RT.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lapham's top 3 presents for Bengals - SunsetBengal - 12-26-2018, 10:12 PM