Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2019 Draft needs to hit 3 HRs( like John Dorsey did)
(12-27-2018, 12:46 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: Im not saying they should do feature stories on him at all. I just mean they should give Dalton a little respect and not treat him as if he is a scrub and not accomplished anything. 

Its ok for them to get excited by a QB, Im just saying Mayfield has done nothing  yet. Just because the Browns got some loudmouth rookie, Im not ready to say "Well they are good and we will be in last place now" like everyone else seems to be. 

Dalton is better than Mayfield at this point and who knows, Mayfield may end up being better down the road but Im not giving him that title yet. 

The nfl is in the business of selling today and tomorrow unless you are selling SB wins and HOFers from years gone by.

Off the top of my head Dalton, Keenum, Carr, Josh McCown, Bortles, Tannehill, and Alex Smith have all done more than Mayfield has this year and they are all still active in the NFL in one way or another.  That's fine but that also isn't the most exciting list of QBs going right now either.

Also, I don't think the media is down on Dalton as much as you do, but Dalton and Mayfield played and it wasn't particularly close.  Wecwill see what 2019 brings, but it's hard to fault the NFL for pushing the team on the rise and not us.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2019 Draft needs to hit 3 HRs( like John Dorsey did) - Nately120 - 12-27-2018, 08:35 AM