Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Could Be Last Game For These Bengals
(12-27-2018, 11:22 AM)kevin Wrote: It's time to blow it up and rebuild.  Here are players that hit the open market.  I think Bengals should let them go and apply the money in rebuilding.  Tyler Eifert 5.5 million. Michael Johnson 4.7 million. Preston Brown 4 million. Vincent Rey 3.5 million. Cedrick Ogbuehi 2.3 million. Darqueze Dennard 2 million. Jake Fisher 1 million. Bobby Hart 1 million. Andre Smith 900 thousand. Kaim Edebali 800 thousand. Tom Savage 800 thousand. Tyler Kroft 700 thousand. Matt Lengle 600 thousand. CJ Uzomah 600 thousand. Adolphus Washington 500 thousand. Josh Tupou 500 thousand. Trey Hopkins 500 thousand. Tony McRae 500 thousand.  Alex Redmond 500 thousand. Brandon Wilson 500 thousand.

Team needs a new head coach and a new direction.  It would send a message by letting all these players walk to a savings of over 30 million to apply to new players.  I'm not ruling out trading other players for draft picks that could bring even more money.

( source : I googled up Bengals contracts running out and got Spotrac site on Bengals who's contracts are up. )  I'm also taking into account some of these players are going to want a pay increase. Send message to team by dumping them all.

You're going to be disappointed when the HC either continues to be Marvin or a former coach/coordinator under him.
Also, they should bring back at least a few of the guys you mentioned.
Hopkins has shown position versatility and at least serviceable ability at C. He deserves to be re-signed.
Gotta re-sign (at least) Uzomah or Kroft. Either is a quality TE2 or back-end starter. Neither is really an elite player though. I think re-signing one and draft a guy to groom makes the most sense.
No issue bringing Dennard back depending on price ($8 mill a year or less), but I think he needs to be on the outside like he was at MSU. If cap space is a concern at all, cut Kirkpatrick to save $6.8 mill in 2019, $8.5 mill in 2020, and $9.8 mill in 2021.
Also, cut bait with Burfict via trade or release. As much as I liked him early in his career, he simply hasn't learned or adjusted enough to be worth keeping at this point.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could Be Last Game For These Bengals - ochocincos - 12-27-2018, 12:26 PM