Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Free Agents: Who stays, who goes?
(12-27-2018, 04:37 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: You're insane mang.

No way I'd keep Hart near this team even as a camp body.

That guy looks as lost as a wide eyed rookie UFA from some podunk college.

Air is literally a better blocker.

Hopkins should stay if anything for a backup center.

Redmond is a dumbass.  If we were even sniffing a playoff seed I'd be blowing a fuse about his penalies.

The only way I'd keep Dennard.is if he's cheap.

Eifert the same. Cheap and hope you get his production for a couple of games at least.  He helped this team more than hurt it this year.  Way too many other factors caused this season to go down the tubes to pin it on his injury.

Not insane just a realist. Hart as a camp body who could be a back up depending on injury hurts nothing. He had servicable games, but I feel like people around here far over estimate what back ups look like in the NFL in general. Same goes for Redmond, he could be a good back up serviceable spot starter no reason to move on with him being cheap most likely. 

Dennard will be treated as a top 50 FA this off season because Corner is a premium. I am okay paying him somewhere in the 8 Million a season range because that's what an average corner in the NFL makes.

Eiffert has been snake bitten but I think at this point any deal is a waste of time and hope. You say he helped the team more than he hurt it this year, but the rash of injuries at TE hurt this team badly this year. We were going to be a TE heavy team this year with a lot of multiple TE sets as we saw to start the year. Once they all got hurt that went out the window really effecting what our offense was supposed to be this year. Rostering a TE who you can almost guarantee will be hurt eventually is setting yourself up for failure. I think Uzomah has a lot of upside as he has still only played the position a couple years. He was basically a WR in college so the whole inline blocking thing is coming along slowly but surely. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Free Agents: Who stays, who goes? - Au165 - 12-27-2018, 04:45 PM