Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Free Agents: Who stays, who goes?
It sure does promise to be an interesting off season. I'd try to keep:

Dennard, Kroft, A Smith, A Washington, Eifert and Uzomah.

I'd resign Dennard because I don't want to spend a high pick on a corner right now as we have other, more pressing needs and don't need to create an artificial need.

I'd resign Smith because I want a vet backup at OT.

I'd resign Uzomah and Kroft because I don't want to start over with all new TEs. Eifert on the right, team friendly contract.

Washington was ok and provides depth. Would need to earn a roster spot in camp and will be cheap.

I'd cut/retire Burfict and eat the $1.8M in dead money next year.

I'd exercise the team's 5th year option on Willie Jackson.

I'd put my attention on extending AJ Green. I want to see him retire a Bengal and enter the HoF as a Bengal.

I'd try to trade Ross for a 1st or 2nd round pick. I don't want to cut him, I really want the draft pick more than I want Ross' catch percentage. Need a guy who moves the chains, not just a guy who can follow the back of the end zone as his only consistent route. But, I'd trade him to an NFC team.

I'd also put Dre Kirkpatrick on the block. Again I want a draft pick more than Kirkpatrick. Cutting him would cost $4.2M in dead money.

This would get me out of three contracts I don't like and give me some extra picks to draft replacements for two of them. Each year there are WRs draft who have an immediate impact and I want one of those.

With my draft picks I'd want a RT, a RG, a fast LB, another fast LB and a prospect at LT, a WR or two who can run routes and catches the ball. We've just been picking up the wrong WRs the last few years, so I'd want to fix that this off season.

EDIT: I'd also entertain the idea of drafting a Center and moving Price to RG, where he excelled in college, if the option presented itself in the draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Free Agents: Who stays, who goes? - BengalChris - 12-27-2018, 05:10 PM