Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Everyone That's Bitching About Spending 5 Big On Wall.....
(12-26-2018, 09:03 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Your numbers were all pulled out of thin air. Provide me with a legitimate study that shows definitively that illegal immigration has a net negative impact on our economy. You've made the claim, it is your claim to defend.

Why bother?
Even if I gave you an unbiased report, you're still going to claim there is no clear answer one way or the other.

And the problem with so many of the reports out there, they can only estimate numbers based on an estimated number of Illegals in the US.
Also many POSTIVE report include money from LEGAL immigrants in their reports. Which again, LEGAL Immigrants aren't the problem and need to be removed from all equations.

from 2013 based on number from 2010. Before the FAIR report

https://www.heritage.org/immigration/report/the-fiscal-cost-unlawful-immigrants-and-amnesty-the-us-taxpayer

In terms of public policy and government deficits, an important figure is the aggregate annual deficit for all unlawful immigrant households. This equals the total benefits and services received by all unlawful immigrant households minus the total taxes paid by those households.
•Under current law, all unlawful immigrant households together have an aggregate annual deficit of around $54.5 billion.
•In the interim phase (roughly the first 13 years after amnesty), the aggregate annual deficit would fall to $43.4 billion.
•At the end of the interim phase, former unlawful immigrant households would become fully eligible for means-tested welfare and health care benefits under the Affordable Care Act. The aggregate annual deficit would soar to around $106 billion.
•In the retirement phase, the annual aggregate deficit would be around $160 billion. It would slowly decline as former unlawful immigrants gradually expire.

For me personally, I would not offer Amnesty, I would offer a 5 yr Green Card, that they can renew so they can legally work in the US. But because they came here illegally, they are not qualified to ever become a USC. And if they commit a felony, they are rejected the next time they renew and subject to deportation. This would keep them from being eligible for many Gov services to keep the impact down.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Everyone That's Bitching About Spending 5 Big On Wall..... - Mike M (the other one) - 12-27-2018, 06:05 PM
Why Build The Wall? - BFritz21 - 01-09-2019, 02:43 PM
RE: Why Build The Wall? - fredtoast - 01-09-2019, 02:58 PM
RE: Why Build The Wall? - Millhouse - 01-09-2019, 02:59 PM
RE: Why Build The Wall? - Nately120 - 01-09-2019, 03:12 PM
RE: Why Build The Wall? - Au165 - 01-09-2019, 03:43 PM
RE: Why Build The Wall? - Yojimbo - 01-09-2019, 04:01 PM
RE: Why Build The Wall? - BmorePat87 - 01-09-2019, 04:14 PM
RE: Why Build The Wall? - GMDino - 01-09-2019, 05:00 PM
RE: Why Build The Wall? - NATI BENGALS - 01-09-2019, 06:31 PM