Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biggest problem with defense this season
(12-27-2018, 08:27 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I get what you're saying and mostly agree. But there were a ton of plays where opposing QB's had 3, 3.5, 4, 4.5 and more seconds to throw with little to no pressure. Textbook pockets

That's when being the worst 3rd down defense in the league (last I knew) comes into play. If they can't get off the field, they don't get to rest.

Also I am not sure if this is part of the problem of why they can't get off the field, or if it's a result of the fact that they can't get off the field, but they rotate FAR too often. Way too commonly see a DL with no Atkins or no Dunlap out there so it's like MJ and 3 guys who were 3rd on the depth chart out there. Of course that's going to fail. I just can't tell if they're getting playing time because the defense is stuck on the field, or if they are just trying to get too cute with their rotation because of that one or two years where it worked well under Zimmer.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biggest problem with defense this season - TheLeonardLeap - 12-27-2018, 09:11 PM