Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Free Agents: Who stays, who goes?
(12-27-2018, 06:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Amazed so many people want Dennard. He has 15 pdef and 3 int in 5 years.

Dennard has to have the worst ball skills and instincts at CB in the league. He's basically a let-them-catch-then-tackle CB. Might be worth a look as a backup strong safety if he put on 10lbs of muscle, but is a waste of a spot at CB.

3 first round CBs as your starters, combined for 0 INT this year.

(12-27-2018, 08:32 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I know.  I guess some people actually think Dennard is good?

He's not.  He's also injured often.

I know the answer is probably to let them both go...  but which would you rather have?

A high level TE that can make plays, win a few games, that's often injured but you can get cheap or a DB that has done absolutely squat who you might have to pay that also gets injured a lot?

It's just maddening that we have 3 first round CBs and can't get any interceptions.

People will probably blame it on LBers because that's the target for problems on this team.

Turning blind eyes to our lack of front line pressure and DBs that can't make plays or hang onto passes thrown right to them.

Just some sad stuff right there.

(12-27-2018, 09:02 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'll pass on Dennard, I don't get why peeps on here want him back ? He isn't that good.

Well Dennard can actually tackle which is better than most of our Defense lol

And he has finally got somewhat healthy and it is kind of hard to judge with how bad all the CB's were this year.

Maybe it is coaching and just needing to get on the juggs machine. Dennard had a decent year last season.

Wasn't terrible anyways. I am just saying to bring him back for a modest price.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Free Agents: Who stays, who goes? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 12-27-2018, 11:00 PM