Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Free Agents: Who stays, who goes?
(12-27-2018, 11:33 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 85 tackles vs 6 Pdef in 2017.

That is tied for 1st in tackles by a CB in the league that year (not really a good thing) and tied for 79th most Pdef by a CB.

If he had much less tackles, the Pdef would be less concerning because then maybe he just wasn't being thrown at (ala Revis 2010), but a CB isn't supposed to have that many tackles and have his hands on the ball that little.

Can't have an entire CB group of people with stone hands. Three first round pick CBs, and they have 0 INT this year, and 4 INT the year before. That's not good. Really really not good.

I worry that keeping both means not getting a real #1 TE. I think either could be an okay-ish #2, but the Bengals O will be in trouble if either of them are pushed into the #1 TE role again.

Sometimes I think people forget how bad our defense was last year.

This season kind of dwarfed it so I guess they get a pass.

The third down conversion rate was atrocious.

My bet would be why Dennard had so many of those tackles.

Do people really forget how far our DBs were playing off their receivers(and still do for that matter this season)?

Well you could blame that on scheme which is true but damn it's hard to say any of these guys are good.

WJ III's catch rate vs target ratio sure looked promising last year though.

He sure took a step back from our expectations of possible all-pro label.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Free Agents: Who stays, who goes? - BengalsRocker - 12-28-2018, 12:37 AM